Over the last 10 years I have worked with countless IT/IS experts helping them to become more influential. Lately,
I have been concerned about the persistent problems people in more technical occupations face when it comes
to influence. So, I have decided to do something about it.
On 7th April we published our first FREE guide to influence focused on a specific professional group. The purpose
of this guide is to share simple, practical ideas with as many people as possible in the IT/IS world. Ideas
which will help them to become more influential.
To ensure make sure it is useful and practical, we have collaborated with
Changescape, an organiation
we have worked with for many years who provide extensive training to large organisations, including for
their IT/IS professionals and leaders.
In particular, it helps people to...
- Promote their value, role and contribution to the rest of the organisation.
- Develop a strategic approach to influencing decision-making processes.
- Build bigger impact for IT teams.
- Gain senior level support and advocacy.
- Handle difficult stakeholders more effectively.
And that is just the start. The guide will be packed full of succinct tips, ideas
and processes which can be shared widely among IT/IS teams. Indeed, it can even be used
during team meetings to share and grow in influence together.
Download The IT Professional's Guide to Influence
- This guide is a PDF document with in-built navigation.
- Download options will vary depending on device.
- On Windows it is recommended that you right click on the image and "Save As". Then view your saved PDF.
- On IoS click on the link to download the document then select "Open in" your preferred App.
- If you have any problem, email us and we will email you a copy.
We'd love to hear what you think about this. Please email us or visit us on
Posted on 21-May-2014 by Colin Gautrey